- ErgonomicAssessment.ca is intended to provide professional ergonomic services at a competitive cost.
- We keep our overhead low to provide the most cost-effective service.
- All ergonomic services are completed by either a certified occupational therapist or a certified ergonomist (CCPE). Certified occupational therapists are university-trained, regulated healthcare professionals whose unique training enables them to understand not only the medical and physical limitations of a disability or injury, but also the psycho-social factors that affect an individual’s ability to function independently. Their approach is based on research that proves that an individual’s ability to engage in occupation increases health and well-being. The Canadian Certified Professional Ergonomist (CCPE) designation is the only ergonomics/human factors certification in Canada, which requires applicants to meet a consistent set of standards in education and professional competencies across the full scope of ergonomics and human factors.
- ErgonomicAssessment.ca is owned and operated by an occupational therapist who has over 15 years of experience in the ergonomics field.
- We are able to complete any ergonomic service in a timely manner and usually have reports sent to you by that day or the next working day.
- Graduated from an accredited university program with a Master’s degree in occupational therapy
- Successfully completed a minimum of 1000 hours of fieldwork education
- Successfully passed the certification examination administered by the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists or met provincial registration qualifications
- Maintained their competency to practise based on their provincial regulatory requirements
- Occupational therapists must be registered with their provincial regulatory organization in order to legally practise occupational therapy in Canada
Certified Ergonomists have:
- Graduated from an accredited university program
- Meet standard competencies in both education and practice
- Have a degree in a related field
- Have a minimum of 4 years of full-time practice
- Devote the majority of their work time to the application, practice and/or teaching of ergonomics
- Maintain their certification through a continuance of certification process